- Editor of Brink Webzine
- Assistant Editor of Terrible Work Magazine
- Guest Editor of Odyssey#20: Unanchored In Ecumenopolis - an Urban Special
- Runs Artificial Books from home address: publishers of Net and Paper Poetry
- Reviewer for Cascando, the UK National Student Literary Magazine
- Member of Exeter Literary Festival Committee
- Judge in Plymouth Theatre Royal's Poem for Peace Competition
- Member of Plymouth Poetry Exchange
- Member of Terrible Workers Reading Group, who recently read at the UK Glastonbury rock festival
Alexis John Kirke was born on 6 August 1970. He went to Plymouth College Preparatory and Main School. He spent his only four years out of Plymouth doing part of a Maths degree at Kings College London. He completed this degree at Plymouth University, where he is now studying for a PhD. in Neural Networks at the
Neurodynamics Research Group.
He enjoys playing piano, guitar, and has even been known to play drums - all of which fit in with his urge to compose. In recent years, his composition has almost been entirely of a textual nature.
He also enjoys walking and dancing; preferably to the accompaniment of loud techno music.
Alexis Kirke, (Artificial Books), 22 Weston Park Road, Peverell, Plymouth, Devon, PL3 4NU, U.K.
[Back to Alexis Kirke Author Page]